fredag 6 november 2015

7 029. Happiness


‘So why don’t you have a boyfriend? You seem nice, have a nice figure, and pretty’ I had multiple answers for that question. Considering how little of my adult life I had spent single, that question had been asked a remarkable amount of times. I never really knew what to say to that. Was it that easy? You just keep your figure in decent shape and be nice to people and you would have a lover in no-time. 
I wasn’t looking for a superficial connection tho. How could I explain why it was so hard for me. I didn’t want to give away too much and I didn’t feel like posing myself as a neurotic eccentric today. I just wanted to feel good about myself today, just one day. 
After some thought I said ‘Well, a relationship is a lot of work’ and looked at him thoughtfully. That was as honest as I could make it. He didn’t expect that answer and he laughed ‘Hey, you got me there. That is absolutely true’ then it was his turn to add some thoughtful words ‘But if I find a girl I like, I would do anything for her’. There was something about the way he said those words. Up until then he had kept a light tone, almost sarcastic but definitely playful. There was a weight and a emotional emphasis on those words that made me believe him. I almost felt bad for him, because I knew exactly what it meant. To be willing to do anything for a person. We sat for a while in silence after that and let the words rest on the table in between us, both lost in our own worlds. That sentence, no matter how silly he came off afterwards, made me like him. That certainly worked.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar